Are you PCI Compliant?
12 Steps to PCI Compliance
BUILD AND MAINTAIN A SECURE NETWORK
1. Install and maintain a firewall configuration to protect cardholder data.
2. Do not use vendor-supplied defaults for system passwords and other security parameters.
PROTECT CARDHOLDER DATA
3. Protect stored cardholder data.
4. Encrypt transmission of cardholder data across open, public networks.
MAINTAIN A VULNERABILITY MANAGEMENT PROGRAM
5. Use and regularly update anti-virus software on all systems commonly affected by malware.
6. Develop and maintain secure systems and applications.
IMPLEMENT STRONG ACCESS CONTROL MEASURES
7. Restrict access to cardholder data by business need-to-know.
8. Assign a unique ID to each person with computer access.
REGULARLY MONITOR AND TEST NETWORKS
9. Restrict physical access to cardholder data.
10. Track and monitor all access to network resources and cardholder data.
MAINTAIN AN INFORMATION SECURITY POLICY
11. Regularly test security systems and processes.
12. Maintain a policy that addresses information security.