For the implementation of backup policies in a company, data specialists as backup administrators are required. Senior backup administrator with experience building and supporting corporate backup and archiving systems. Familiar with organizational archive policies as well as the best communicator to perform tasks throughout the organization. Experience with backup software tools including Veeam, Data Domain, EMC Networker, and BackupExec.
Providing storage solutions for effective and safe data backup is considered one of the responsibilities of a backup administrator. Along with it, the design and implementation of data recovery and backup systems are also major points. Must be able to maintain existing database backup systems as well as take important steps to ensure the storage of information securely. While implementing the regulations of the company he assists other team members to achieve goals. Moreover, also train new staff workforce by providing technical support.
- Administer backup scheduling and troubleshoot backup issues.
- Support open systems backup clients utilizing VMWare.
- Provide reporting to track and recover failed backups as well as planning for data capacity.
- Provide support for tape infrastructure and tape operations.
- Develop recovery strategies and protocols.
- Set aims and guidelines to check the efficiency of systems.
- Monitoring backup capacity and resolving all backup issues.
- Familiar with EMC and IBM storage systems and direct experience with VMWare.
- Implement and manage BCV and NAS backups.
- Manage archive solutions and create business recovery plans.
- Monitor and maintain backup operations.
- Update disaster recovery planning and procedures.
Backup administrator work with the backup operator in today’s IT environment. Its role is related to administration and they are a crucial part of the organization. Organizations face many challenges when operating in a backup environment. It provides a solution to the challenges thus, adding value to the organization.