Oracle Virtualization Manager (OVM) and Oracle Linux Virtual Manager (OLVM)
Oracle Linux Virtual Environment (OLVM) is a virtualization platform offered by Oracle. OLVM provides the ability to create and manage virtualized environments on Oracle Linux servers. It’s designed to help organizations consolidate workloads, increase resource utilization, and improve infrastructure efficiency.
Oracle Linux Virtualization Manager is a powerful virtualization management platform that can help you improve the performance, scalability, and security of your virtualized environment. OLVM also provides a centralized management interface for virtual machines, storage, and networks.
OLVM is particularly used by businesses and enterprises that are invested in Oracle technologies and solutions. Often utilized by organizations seeking to create virtualized environments running applications and workloads in a more efficient and manageable manner. OLVM can help businesses achieve better resource utilization, isolation of workloads, and overall infrastructure flexibility.
While it’s most associated with Oracle Linux, it can also support other operating systems as guest virtual machines.
Oracle provides a range of products that can be run under Oracle Linux Virtualization Manager, including various Oracle software and third-party applications. Some examples of Oracle products that could be run under OLVM include:
- Oracle Database OLVM can be used to create virtual machines that host Oracle Database instances.
- Oracle Middleware Middleware products like Oracle WebLogic Server, Oracle SOA Suite, and Oracle Fusion Middleware components could be run within virtual machines managed by OLVM.
- Oracle Applications Enterprise applications such as Oracle E-Business Suite, Oracle JD Edwards, and Oracle PeopleSoft can also be virtualized and managed using OLVM.
- Custom Applications Organizations can also deploy their custom applications on virtual machines within OLVM.
- Testing and Development OLVM can be used to create isolated testing and development environments for various Oracle software.
- Business Intelligence Solutions Oracle Business Intelligence solutions, such as Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition (OBIEE), can be set up in virtual machines under OLVM.
OVM and OLVM are mostly used with other Oracle products and technologies. Often used in Oracle software applications, databases, and middleware.
Specific compatibility and support for running certain Oracle products under OLVM could vary based on product versions, OLVM versions, and hardware configurations. It’s always best to consult Oracle’s official documentation and support resources for the most accurate and up-to-date information regarding the compatibility of Oracle products with Oracle Linux Virtualization Manager.
Upgrade from Oracle Virtual Manager (OVM) to Oracle Linux Virtaul Manager (OLVM)
With Oracle ending Premier Support for OVM on March 31, 2021, many OVM customers need immediate support to upgrade to OLVM. Many added benefits to upgrade to OVM beyond the loss of Premier Support.
Hire Abtech Technologies to upgrade OVM to OLVM
- Performance: OLVM can help you improve the performance of your virtual machines by optimizing the way they are allocated resources.
- Scalability: OLVM is designed to scale easily, so you can easily add more virtual machines and storage as your needs grow.
- Security: OLVM includes a number of security features that can help you protect your virtual machines from unauthorized access and attack.
As your current staff is too busy on other initiatives and original administrators are no longer within the company, we can help with your in-house expertise. Abtech is an experienced IT provider you can rely on.
- Migration: Abtech Technologies can help you migrate from other virtualization platforms to OLVM, or they can help you upgrade your existing OLVM environment.
- Changing from OVM XEN Hypervisor to OLVM using KVM might change the way you back up your virtual machines.
Abtech Technologies stands out as a premier provider of virtualization services, renowned for its expertise. The company’s offerings encompass a diverse array of services aimed at enhancing the efficiency of Oracle OVM and OLVM environments.
Where Technology Meets your Business Needs
Abtech has the knowledge and experience to work with Oracle OLVM. We also have a proven track record of success in providing managed and professional services for our Oracle Linux clients, so you can be confident that we will be able to help you with your OLVM needs.