Are you PCI Compliant?
The Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) focuses on a proprietary information security standard for organizations which handle credit cards. PCI Compliance focuses on the PCI Data Security Standard that has 12 requirements, organized into six groups called “control objectives”. Abtech Technologies can review each requirement and work with your organization to put the tools and policies in place so that your organization has fully-vetted, PCI compliant practices.
Failures in PCI compliance can cause major fines, loss of customer trust, and cancellation by credit card companies. PCI compliance is increasingly becoming a requirement rather than an option for organizations. Abtech Technologies can perform a PCI compliance audit to determine your level of compliance, identify any deficiencies, and work with you to correct them.
12 Steps to PCI Compliance
Build and maintain a secure network
1. Install and maintain a firewall configuration to protect cardholder data
2. Do not use vendor-supplied defaults for system passwords and other security parameters
Protect cardholder data
3. Protect stored cardholder data
4. Encrypt transmission of cardholder data across open, public networks
Maintain a vulnerability management program
5. Use and regularly update anti-virus software on all systems commonly affected by malware
6. Develop and maintain secure systems and applications
Implement strong access control measures
7. Restrict access to cardholder data by business need-to-know
8. Assign a unique ID to each person with computer access
Regularly monitor and test networks
9. Restrict physical access to cardholder data
10. Track and monitor all access to network resources and cardholder data
Maintain an information security policy
11. Regularly test security systems and processes
12. Maintain a policy that addresses information security